Schedule Treatment Today
Serving Western Montana
Missoula, Bitterroot Valley, Flathead lake, Kalispell, Whitefish, Butte, Anaconda, Philipsburg, Dillon
Bed Bug Control
Custom West Pest Control is your full-service pest control provider that understands balancing environmental health and safety with eliminating your pest problems.
Finding a bed bug infestation in your room is extremely unsettling. After all, your bed is where you are supposed to feel most relaxed! Don’t lose anymore sleep over bed bugs! Let Custom West Pest Control handle your bed bug extermination so you can sleep peacefully again in no time!
Bed Bug Control Process
Custom West Pest Control’s bed bug treatment programs always begin with an inspection of the property. Our Technicians are trained to accurately identify bed bugs from pests that are often confused with bed bugs like bat bugs or stink bugs.
After the inspection is fully completed, your technician will present to you the bed bug treatment options available and recommend the best solution for the situation. Different treatment options are recommended depending on multiple factors, including the type of property, size of the infestation. Once a solution is selected, the treatment will be carried out by a licensed professional on an agreed upon date.
After the initial treatment is applied, your technician will stay in contact with you and schedule a follow up inspection to determine if additional treatments are warranted.
Home Bed Bug Control
As bed bugs have made a resurgence in the United States, infestations have become increasingly more common in residential homes. Bed bugs are often brought into homes when travelers unknowingly transport the parasitic insects into the residence on their luggage.
Bed bugs can infest homes when second-hand or rented furniture is brought into homes. Homeowners should always be wary of second-hand furniture and closely inspect them for bed bugs prior to purchasing.
If you do have a bed bug infestation in your home, your Technician will inspect your property thoroughly and present the best solutions for your residence.
Custom West Pest Control Technicians can also advise homeowners on steps they can take to prevent bed bug problems from occurring in the future.
Commercial Bed Bug Control
A bed bug infestation in a commercial property can have devastating consequences that can affect the customer experience and the bottom line.
Potential risks bed bugs pose for businesses, include:
- Customer complaints
- Reputation and brand can be severely damaged
- Loss of revenue
- Possible legal proceedings
Custom West Pest Control ensures that your facility is free entirely of bed bugs. We use proven and proactive methods, that will eliminate bed bugs at all lifecycle stages. Most of the time.
If you believe your business may be experiencing a bed bug infestation, we recommend quickly contacting our office to set up an inspection.
At Custom West Pest Control we take a proactive approach to not only treat but, we take the preventative approach as well. To help
implement this process we have a proven 5 step “P.E.S.T.S.” methodology.
Bed Bug Information
So you think you may have bed bugs. Bed bugs are always looking for human hosts who have been inactive long enough to provide a meal. This is why, as the name suggests, you will find them in and around your bed. When bed bugs feed, they inject
the skin with their saliva (this keeps the blood from clotting) and an anesthetic (this keeps the host from feeling the bite and moving). Bed bugs do not spread disease, but their bites can become red and itchy welts. Bed bugs are the hitchhiker of the insect & mite world.You can bring an infestation back home with you from a hotel, the movie theater, an uber ride, and many other places.
Bed Bugs are primarily transported by their human host and luggage. If you suspect you have a bed bug infestation it is important to not change your sleeping patterns because the bed bugs will just follow you to the new area and infest the new area. It is a misconception that bed bugs are caused by poor sanitation, bed bugs do not discriminate based on ones cleanliness of their home. Bed bugs will lay
and hide their eggs virtually everywhere.
Bed Bug Mattress Encasements
Encasing your mattress in a high quality encasement that is designed to control bed bugs is a good preventative measure for keeping bed bugs out of your box spring and mattress.
Bed Bug Identification
Bed bugs (Cimex lectularius) get their name from their reputation as being the worst bedfellows. These insects lay dormant during the daylight hours in small cracks and crevices, including mattress seams, furniture, sheets, behind baseboards, and electrical outlets. And like all parasitic vampires, bed bugs emerge at night (peak activity being between midnight and 7 a.m.) looking for warm bodies on which to feast.
Bed bugs are tiny bloodsuckers – only about an eighth on an inch in length. They’re recognizable by their reddish-brown color and flat, oval-shaped bodies. Apart from being good hiders, they’re also good travelers, adept at jumping on clothing and luggage – which is the reason they’re so prevalent in hotels.
We are Western Montana’s full-service pest control provider that understands balancing environmental health and safety with eliminating your pest problems. Click the Icon below to learn more about our other services.
How To Prevent Bed Bugs
You can prevent a bed bug infestation in your home by being careful to not bring bed bugs back to your residence when traveling.
Tips to keep bed bugs from hitching a ride home:
- When you stay at a hotel, make sure you search for bed bugs BEFORE you unpack. Bed bugs are most commonly found behind the headboard of a bed but can also be spotted on any part of the bed or on any furniture in the room.
- If you notice something suspicious – notify hotel staff immediately and ask to move rooms to be extra safe. Ensure you are not moved into a room directly adjacent, underneath or below your previous room, as bed bugs are known to easily spread into adjacent rooms.
- To further help prevent the return of bed bugs, Custom West Pest Control offers mattress encasements and box-spring encasements that make it impossible for bed bugs to get through and start an infestation again. They can also guard against dust mites and mold.
- Do NOT place luggage on the bed – do not place luggage on or near your sleeping area or any upholstered items – bed bugs prefer carpeted, soft areas. Instead, place luggage on luggage racks, on dressers, desks and even in bathtubs – bed bugs find it difficult to walk on polished surfaces.
- Inspect your luggage while repacking – check your clothes and the inside of your luggage (including all zipped compartments) for any sign of these insects to avoid transporting them home.
- Wash your clothes once you return home – and if you find bed bugs it’s advisable to either place belongings in the freezer or laundering in hot, soapy water and drying in high heat.
Get In Touch