Contact Us To Solve Your Pest Problem
Goose Control Service
Geese can be a property-maintenance problem throughout Western Montana. Geese can inflict significant damage to property, while creating health-related problems if not properly addressed. They can be problems for golf courses, parks and recreation areas, schools, athletic fields and corporate campuses. We employ professional eco-friendly techniques to remove the goose infestation from your property.
- Scientific Name: Branta Canadenis
- Common Name: Canada Goose
- Largest of the 11 Sub-Species
- Average Weight Anywhere From 8-20 lbs.
- Easily Distinguishable Birds By Large Grey Bodies, Black Neck and Heads with a White Chinstrap
- Lifespan of 10-25 Years
- Feed for 12 Hours a Day
- Spend More Time On Land Than Water (Even Though They are Considered Waterfowl)
- Average Wingspan Reaches Anywhere from 4-5.5 feet
- Found in All of the Continental United States
- Estimated U.S. Population of 8 Million
- Population Doubles Every 3-5 Years
Why Use Habitate Modification Or Goose Repellent?
Canada Geese can cause a lot of problems if left unchecked. With more geese living in urban and suburban areas away from their natural predators, their populations are doubling every 3-5 years. Just one goose will eat up to 3 lbs of grass in one day and leave up to 2 lbs of droppings that contain dangerous bacteria and parasites. Besides destroying the turf and leaving droppings, geese can also be extremely aggressive at different parts of the year while trying to protect their young.
Our Eco-Friendly Goose Repellent Works in Two Ways:
- It gives geese a visual warning — Because geese see the world in the ultraviolet spectrum, our repellent contains a UV marker. When the repellent is applied to your turf, the geese will see grass that’s purple in color and speckled in pattern. This serves as a threat to geese, and they learn to distinguish between treated and untreated turf. But to humans, the turf looks completely normal. Additionally, it causes no harm to the grass.
- It causes indigestion — If the visual threat alone isn’t enough to keep geese away, the temporary after-effects will. When a goose consumes the grass treated with our repellent, it will experience digestive irritation within 20 minutes or so. It will bring no permanent harm to the goose whatsoever. They will refuse to eat any treated turf after they’ve experienced this stomach upset. Geese learn very quickly that it’s within their best interest to avoid treated turf. The geese will move on to a different location.
The Eco-friendly Solution for Moving Unwanted Geese.
At Custom West Pest control we help you manage your Goose problem. We offer a variety of wildlife solutions and treatments tailored to your individual needs as every situation is unique. We offer eco-friendly treatments along with professional habitat modification to resolve your goose problem. With unmatched focus on quality and attention to detail Custom West Pest Control is Western Montana’s Goose control experts.
Having Other Pest Issues?
Click the Icon below for more information.
Benefits of Using Custom West Pest Control
Discretion – An insect or rodent infestation has the potential to become a point of conversation for customers. Your reputation is everything, so we are here to help you protect it. Our key to success is understanding the importance of discretion and flexibility. We strive to maintain your business’ reputation.
Local Support – We are headquartered in Missoula, Montana. As a local business we take care of your pest problems quickly due to our central location in Western Montana. We understand our Montana environment and the pest challenges unique to our area.
Peace of Mind – Be content that your business or home will not suffer from damage and loss of profits with the knowledge that we are taking care of your pest problems.
Prevention of a Loss of Profits – A small infestation can impact your business, but a large one could jeopardize your business. This is why it is key to act quickly to find the best possible solution to rid your business of the tiny tyrants.
Highly Trained and Motivated Technicians – Our technicians are trained through courses provided by the National Pest Management Association (N.P.M.A.). They adhere to all federal, state, and local regulatory requirements. Our wildlife technician holds a bachelor’s degree in wildlife biology. Our technicians are licensed by, and attend regular training from, the Montana State Department of Agriculture.
Wildlife Exclusion Service
- We inspect the property to identify the animal and harborage sites, then determine necessary and proper management methods.
- We will implement Integrated Pest Management (IPM) strategies where viable and will recommend areas of exclusion, sanitation, or other actions you can take to help reduce wildlife attraction and future populations.
“Andy is amazing and so is CJ. What nice guys, and incredibly thorough with their work! We had a bat issue and were desperate to get them OUT. Well, out they are! It was SO satisfying to watch the last few bats get evicted. Bye, felicia! This was the ONLY pest service who seemed SANE when telling us about the bats. others told us to LIVE HAPPILY with bats peeing and pooping all over our new home. No thanks!”
“As many others have shared, the people that work here are knowledgeable, skillful and just great people. Andy, the wildlife biologist, not only knew immediately what our problem was ( sparrows) but took care of it. He is also a very friendly guy to talk to. Thanks and I wholeheartedly recommend them”
“Spoke to Nate and he gave some fabulous advice on trapping mice. If I can not get rid of them, I will call back for an appointment. Thank you so much Nate for the help. Bless you.”